||1.Promulgated on March 6. 2018
2.Amended on May 11, 2021
||According to Article 4.1.2 of Act for the Recruitment and Employment of
Foreign Professionals, the term “foreign special professionals with
specialized knowledge/skills in economic fields” refers to persons that
meet any one of the following conditions:
1. Previously or currently holding a position at an economic company or
in an economic field in a foreign state or in the ROC with a most
recent monthly salary of at least NT$160,000.
2. Those who have held position of operations, technical or marketing
executive at high-tech R&D hubs, operations headquarters or
transnational corporation established in Taiwan.
3. Those with professional technical capabilities related to key industry
products, components or service models, have obtained a doctoral
degree or above in related fields at a domestic or foreign university,
and have either received an international invention/innovation award
or have more than four years of work experience in related fields.
4. Those who have held a specialized or interdisciplinary positions at a
semiconductors, optoelectronics, information and communication,
electronic circuit design, biotechnology/medical materials, precision
machinery, transportation, systems integration, consultancy,or green
energy company in the manufacturing sector or related technology
services sectors, and have more than eight years of work experience in
5. Those who have held a specialized or interdisciplinary positions at
advertisement, product design, visual communication design,
designer fashion and digital content in the cultural and creative
sectors, and have more than eight years of work experience in related
6. Those who have been certified by the relevant central competent
authority as specialized talent or who possess transnational experience
and knowledge/skills for which there is an urgent demand in Taiwan.