||1.Adopted and promulgated by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs on 1 May 2000.
2.Amended by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs on 10 July 2000.
3.Amended by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs on 17 October 2000.
4.Amended by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs on 17 May 2002.
5.Amended by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs on 14 May 2021.
||1. In order to recognize and manage designated testing laboratories that conduct electrical and
electronic commodities tests, these Criteria are established to ensure the competence of designated
2. These Criteria apply to designated testing laboratories that conduct safety tests of electrical and
electronic commodities subject to inspection.
3. The assessment of designated testing laboratories shall be performed in accordance with the
requirements of CNS 17025 or ISO/IEC 17025. Where these Criteria set out special requirements,
the assessment shall also be performed in accordance with these Criteria.
4. A designated testing laboratory shall designate a senior technical staff or personnel responsible
for ensuring technical effectiveness or higher to act as the report signatory.
The report signatory shall have the right and responsibility for supervision of the test reports that he
approves and other related operations.
5. A designated testing laboratory shall have appropriate protection facilities to ensure the safety of
the testing personnel.
6. Test records shall be retained for at least 8 years.
The original test records shall be recorded in a manner that the content is not easy to be altered. Any
changes or modifications made to the test records shall be conformed through an appropriate
7. A test report shall completely reflect the requirements of the inspection standards or technical
criteria against which the test is performed. The contents of the test report and its attachments shall
further include the following items:
(1) Names and numbers that identify the testing equipment used in the tests;
(2) Circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams or copper track diagrams of the printed circuit board;
(3) List of specifications of critical components or material;
(4) Photographs of product appearance and important internal construction or components; and
(5) User instructions in Chinese.
8. A designated testing laboratory shall be capable of performing the complete testing work by itself.
Without a written approval by the BSMI, it may not perform testing at other sites or subcontract the
whole or a part of the testing work to other testing laboratories.