1. Promulgated on 21 February 2020 and effective on 21 February 2020
These Regulations are enacted pursuant to Paragraph 2 of Article 17-1 of the Foreign Trade Act.
The competent authority for these regulations is the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA), and the
implementation shall be carried out by the Bureau of Foreign Trade, MOEA (hereafter referred to as
The informant may report behavior involving the false labeling of origin of goods by
exporters/importers to the BOFT by means of written communication, including email and fax. The
report shall include the following information:
1. The whistleblower’s name, national identification number, address and telephone number.
2. The informant’s name, national identification number and address, or other identifiable
information; in the case where the violator is a juristic person, the name and address of the entity as
well as the name of the representative shall be provided.
3. The specifics of the violation, including the acts of violation, other relevant information or any
leads that may help the investigation.
No reward shall be granted if the report meets any of the following criteria:
1. The report is made anonymously or under an alias.
2. No evidence is found based on the violation reported or the evidence does not match the report.
3. The competent authorities or other government agencies were already aware of the violation prior
to the report.
4. Cases that have been published on the internet, newspapers, magazines, radio and television,
other media or public places.
5. Cases found while on-duty public servants were carrying out duty.
The MOEA and BOFT shall keep the informant’s name, national identification number, address,
telephone number and other identifiable information in a confidential and appropriate manner.
Once the reported violation is substantiated by the BOFT, the MOEA shall reward the informants
with an award certificate.
In severe cases where the violation leads to the BOFT nullifying the business’ export/import
registration, the MOEA shall reward the informant with a trophy.
These Regulations shall come into force from the date of promulgation.