1. The Operating Rules are established by Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs (referred to as "BSMI" hereinafter) in respect of the inspection of baby walkers.
2. Inspection scope: Baby walkers.
3. Inspection Method: both general batch by batch inspection and registration verification (Type test mode (Mode II) and Declaration of Conformity to Type (Mode III) will be applied.
4. Inspection Standards:
(1) CNS 13035 "Baby Walkers".
(2) CNS 4797 "Safety of toys (General requirements)".
(3) "Labeling Criteria for Baby Walkers".
5. Inspection Items:
(1) Safety requirement: see Section 4.1 to 4.14 of CNS 13035 including "locking mechanism to secure folding", "seat design", "spring gap", "holes and openings", "surface eruption", "the completeness of structure", "stability", "flame-resistance", "coating material", "accessibility", "small objects", "impact", "robustness", "rigidity", and "wheels".
(2 ) Toys: in compliance with CNS 4797.
A. Labeled items and contents in Chinese language are to be complied with section 6 of CNS 13035 and baby walkers label standard.
B. Product inspection mark: the mark should be distinct on the product itself.
6. Regulation on inspection batch by batch:
(1) The applicant is to apply for inspection prior to product import or before leaving factory, to BSMI or local jurisdiction ("inspection authorities" hereinafter). Applicant is to purchase the "C" prefixed Certification Mark. The applicant must complete inspection application form according to regulation or the case will not be accepted by the inspection authorities.
(2) When toy(s) is(are) accompanied, the baby walkers and its toy(s) can be applied for inspection under one application. "Baby walkers (with toy(s)) " should be shown as the item name on the application form. After the item passed the inspection, an Certification Mark is to be attached solely onto the baby walkers itself; items are not subject to the limit in the case of the accompanied toy(s) has(have) passed inspection and Certification Mark has been attached onto the toy(s), nonetheless "Baby walkers (with toy(s)) " must be shown as the item name on the application form.
(3) Baby walkers under same inspection batch must be applied by same applicant and of same type. The same type mentioned above is subject to Article 7.1.(1).
(4) Two samples will be selected in batch to batch inspection. Inspection method is as follows:
A. In the case of an baby walkers that does not come with any toy, the surface coating material is to be examined first. Afterwards all samples are to be sent to Taichung authority for inspection of items other than surface costing materials as described in the sub-category 1 of previous mentioned article, as well as sub-category 3 of previous mentioned article.
B. In the case of an baby walkers with toy(s), the surface coating material is to be examined first. Toy of one of the two samples will be delivered to trusted inspection unit for the inspection as described in sub-category 2 of previous mentioned article. The rest of the samples will be delivered to Taichung authority for baby walker’s inspection of items other than surface costing materials as described in the sub-category 1 of previous mentioned article, as well as sub-category 3 of previous mentioned article.
C. In the case of accompanied toy that has completed inspection and the Certification Mark has been attached, the toy itself is exempted from the inspection described in sub-category 2 of previous mentioned article. Inspection report of such must be included in the application document.
(5) Baby walkers surface coating inspection is simplified as follows:
A. Since the day of the Operating Rules promulgation, random-selected batch inspection method is applicable to applicant of same importer or same Taiwanese manufacturer whose products from same place of origin and same plant site that have passed two (2) consecutive general batch inspections. Previous mentioned "passed two (2) consecutive general batch inspections" applies to inspection records within one (1) year.
B. Random selected inspection is performed at least one batch from every 20 batch. Selected batch is to undergo surface coating inspection as described in the sub-category 1 of previous mentioned article. Written review will be applied to the remaining batches. The surface coating is passed only when both the inspection and written review are in compliance with the Rules.
C. For random-selected batch that has failed to pass the inspection, the importer or the Taiwanese manufacturer will no longer qualify for random-selected batch inspection method on above-mentioned product. General inspection method will resume to the said product.
D. Upon report or acknowledge of product quality and safety concern, general inspection will be applied at any time.
(6) Inspection working days
A. Baby walkers without accompanied toys or the accompanied toys have completed inspection and Certification mark has been attached: seven (7) working days after sampling.
B. Baby walkers with accompanied toys (which has not completed inspection procedure and the Certification Mark has not been attached): fourteen (14) working days after sampling.
7. Type test regulation
(1) The determination of the type: according to CNS 13035 Article 3.1, structure type are divided into 4 categories: (1) X Type, (2) Ring Type, (3) Adjustable Height, and (4) Jumping Type. In the case of a type not falling into any of above category can be registered under a new type.
A. Identical type: baby walkers that are made in the same country, at the same manufacturer address, of the same material and have same structure as previously described are identical type.
B. Main type: of same type, the cart that has the most complicated accessories (toys included) is the main type.
C. Serial type: baby walkers other than the main type product are serial type.)
(2) Type test acceptance location
A. Baby walkers without toys accompanied: application documents and samples as described in Article 5 are to be submitted by applicant to BSMI Taichung Office for type test.
B. Baby walkers with accompanied toys: application documents and samples as described in Article 5 are to be submitted by applicant to BSMI Taichung Office for type test. Upon acceptance of application, a photocopy of proof of acceptance, one copy of each document described in Article 5, and the accompanied toy(s) from any of the samples are to be submitted to designated laboratories acknowledged by BSMI for inspection as described in Article 5.2; toy(s) is(are) exempted from the said inspection in the case of the accompanied toy has completed inspection and the Certification Mark has been attached to it.
(3) Inspection authorities: Baby walkers will be inspected at BSMI Taichung office. Accompanied toys will be inspected at designated laboratories acknowledged by BSMI.
(4) Type test item
A. New applicant
(A) Each of main type commodity will be tested based on Article 5.1. Any accompanied toy(s) will be tested based on Article 5.2.
(B) Necessary safety test is applied solely to changed parts of each serial type commodity. Additional tests are to be conducted based on Article 5.1 regarding "locking mechanism to secure folding", "the completeness of structure" and "stability". For accompanied toy(s), inspection will be conducted based on Article 5.2.
(C) In the case of accompanied toy that has completed inspection and the Certification Mark has been attached, the toy itself is exempted from the inspection as described in Article 5.2. Inspection report of such must be included in the application document.
B. For valid CNS 13035 (2007 ver.) Certificate of Inspection Registration holder:
(A) Toy(s) accompanied: toy(s) is(are) to be inspected according to article 5.2; in the case of accompanied toy that has completed inspection and the Certification Mark has been attached, the toy itself is exempted from the inspection as described in Article 5.2. Inspection report of such must be included in the application document.
(B) No toy(s) accompanied: no other inspection is required.
(5) Four (4) copies of each of below documents and test samples are to be delivered to inspection location for type test report
A. Baby walkers product type classification form.
B. Baby walkers product color photo (photo size of 4 inches × 6 inches and above including front view, rear view and side view of the product).
C. Baby walkers product catalogue.
D. Chinese description sample.
E. Chinese user manual.
F. Product information description: including parts and components list (such as name of parts and components, sizes, specifications, materials) and detail drawings or photos of parts and components.
G. Samples: two of every baby walkers sample from main type and serial types. Inspection unit may request additional samples when necessary.
(6) Type test fee: charges are subject to BSMI regulation or designated laboratories acknowledged by BSMI.
8. Rules regarding inspection registration
(1) For applicant whose products are subject to inspection registration, Certificate of Inspection Registration must be obtained prior to importation or transportation from plant site.
(2) Apply for issuance of Certificate of Inspection Registration: after applicant applies for type test report according to previous mentioned article, company registration, business registration, plant registration or other equivalent registration document photocopy, conformity evaluation document (Declaration of Conformity to Type) and the documents as described in sub-category 5 of previous mentioned article are to be submitted to inspection authority for certificate issuance.
(3) Review deadline for Certificate of Inspection Registration: 14 working days started from the acceptance of inspection authority (waiting days for supplementary document are excluded); for random sampling case, another 14 days are added upon the arrival of the samples.
(4) Certificate of Inspection Registration is valid for a period of three years and can be applied for up to one extension under the name on the certificate.
(5) Upon receiving the Certificate of Inspection Registration, the Certification Mark must be printed by applicant. The Certification Mark consists of the mark and verification number (including prefix "R" and designated number). The verification number must be right below or to the right of the mark.
Example:(Please refer the file attached)