Adopted and promulgated by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs on November 21, 2006.
Amended and promulgated by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs on 13 September, 2017.
Article 1 These Directions are established for carrying out the voluntary product certificate of retreaded pneumatic tyres for commercial vehicles and their trailers (hereinafter referred to as “retreaded tyres”).
Article 2 The type referred to in these Regulations, for example, heat cure bias retreaded tyre, pre-cured bias retreaded tyre, heat cure radial ply retreaded tyre, pre-cured radial ply retreaded tyre , etc., is recognized according to the cure method used in the retreaded process and the structure of tyre body.
Article 3 Product test:
1. Main type recognition: where an applicant applies for recognition of more than one types of retreaded tyre, he/she may select one of them as the main type and the others as series types (products) at his own discretion.
2. Test items: appearance, dimensions, endurance test (the speed symbol Q or higher retreaded tyres execute the high speed performance test)and marking.
3. Sample: one for the main type and one for each series type
4. When applying for product test, the retreaded range of each type in the factory, such as dimensions, maximum speed symbol, maximum load index, etc., shall be provided.
Article 4 Specific requirements for factory inspection:
1. Requirements for retreading methods, CNS 4959 〝Retreaded Pneumatic Tyres for Commercial Vehicles and their trailers〞(including tyre certification, conditions before retreading, preparation for retreading, retreading procedure and inspection, etc.,).
2.The producing manufacturers shall itself draw samples of the certificate products (including main type and each series type) and perform dimensions and endurance test or high speed performance test(speed symbol Q or higher) over them every year. The sample shall be 0.01% of the productions but in any case not less than 2 and not necessarily more than 10.
Article 5 The following technical documents shall be submitted when applying for product certificate:
1. Manufacturer name or symbol marked on retreaded tyre.
2. The retreaded range of factory, including:
(1) the range of tyre sizes;
(2) the structure of tyres (bias ply, bias belted or radial);
(3) the maximum speed symbol of the tyres to be retreaded;
(4) the maximum load index of the tyres to be retreaded.
3. Description of retreading process and materials used(including no use of tyres without certification mark and the tyre casing that are more than 6 years from the original manufactioning date).
Article 6 Product certification mark and code underside of mark:
1. Certification mark: drawn according to products of component as prescribed in the Application Procedures for Voluntary Product Certification.
2. Code underside of mark: product code is V; test domain code is
3. An example of product certification mark for retreaded tyre is given as follows. (Please refer the file attached)
Note: V30001 is the identity number; different applicants have different ID numbers
4. The product certification mark shall be marked obviously on the body of retreaded tyre by means of engraving.