Article 1 These Directions are stipulated for the inspection of children’s bedguards.
Article 2 These Directions are applicable to general children's bedguards
commodities domestically manufactured in or imported to Taiwan.
Article 3 The inspection methods for children's bedguards type approved by batch
inspection and Registration of Product Certification (RPC) Scheme [type
test (Mode2) + declaration of conformity to type (Mode3)] for children's
bedguards commodities inspection.
Article 4 Inspection standards:
1. CNS 15911 "Child use and care articles − Children’s bedguards for domestic use ".
2. CNS 15503 "General requirements for safety of children's products".
3. The inspection method of plasticizer shall follow CNS 15138-1 " Method of test for determination of phthalates plasticizers in plastic products - Part 1: Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. ".
Article 5 Inspection and check items:
(1) "General Construction", "Removable Components", "Non-Removable
Components", "Mesh", "Safety of Bedside Guardrail", "Folding and Lock mechanism " conformity with inspection requirements of CNS 15911 Section 5.1 to Section 5.6..
(2)Testing mattress specifications conformity with inspection
requirements of EN 1725.
2. Plasticizer and heavy metal contents:
(3) 8 Phthalate Plasticizers (DMP, DEP, DBP, BBP, DHEP, DNOP,
DINP, DIDP) contents: conformity with inspection requirements of
CNS 15503 "General requirements for safety of children’s
products"Section 4.5.1 .
(4) 8 heavy metals (Sb, As, Ba, Cd, Cr, Pd, Hg and Se) contents:
conformity with inspection requirements of CNS 4797-2 of
Table 1 and CNS 15911 Section 4.1..
3. Chinese Labeling: All labelled text shall be in traditional Chinese and
include the following information:
(1) Name of the commodity.
(2) Main content or materials.
(3) Name, telephone number and address of the manufacturer (or its agent), the origin of the commodity, and the name, telephone number and address of the importer, its agent or distributor for imported commodities.
(4) Commodity size (length × height).
(5) Applicable mattress length range (maximum length up to 212cm).
(6) Applicable mattress thickness.
(7) Date of manufacture (year, month).
(8) User instruction and caution (for example treatment after use, method of storage and washing).
(9) Warnings (such as warning for the cord or keeping away from fire source)
4. The fifth, sixth and ninth items are necessary to be marked on product body permanently.
5. The ninth item "Warning" font height should be at least 5 mm, the rest of text font height should be at least 3 mm.
6. Commodity Inspection Mark: should be affixed to the body of the product.
Article 6 Type Approval by batch inspection :
1. Principle for Determination of Type:
(1) Same type: the Children’s bedguards commodities with same CCC
Code(Standard Classification of Commodity of The Republic of
China Code), raw material (such as metal, plastic, wood) and basic
design (classified into with chassis and without chassis).
(2) Main type: the largest number of folding in Children’s bedguards
commodities in the same type. Choose one Children’s bedguards
commodities as the main type, if there are many same types with
the same largest number of folding.
(3) Series type: other commodities except the main type, based on
fixing method (such as embedded, embedded and Y type with
auxiliary strap, embedded and screw), fence structure (such as
retractable, no retractable, one piece, fence type, modular type),
the different number of folding.
2. Type test place of inspection: inspection authority or designated test
laboratories recognized by BSMI.
3. Type test of inspection items: Main commodities to be inspected the
structure according to Clause 5 item 1 (Provisions from
CNS 15911 Section 5.1 to Section 5.6.); All series type commodities
(different raw material and style from main type) to be inspected
according to CNS15911 Section 5.5, Section 5.6.1 and Section 5.6.2.
Commodities with different color may also be classified as same type
without duplicate inspection.
4.Applicant shall submit sample of commodity to be inspected and 3
copies of technical documents as follows:
(1) The type registration of children's bedguards product certification
(2) Colored photo of children’s bedguards product (include actual size;
please include 4" x 6" electronic photo for front, back and side).
(3) Chinese labels.
(4) User's manual.
(5) Commodity description, including product structure, product
component list and item materials.
(6) Samples: two of each type of children's bedguards commodities,
inspection may be required more samples if necessary.
(7) Endose " Declaration of the Conformity of Quality Requirement of
Materials for children's bedguards product." to ensure that
plasticizer and heavy metal contents of products conformity with
inspection requirements of Clause 5 item 2.
5. Type test fees: in accordance with fees charged by inspection authority
or Designated test laboratories recognized by BSMI.
Article 7 Type approval by batch inspection:
1. Products should apply type approval first before batch inspection,
applicant obligators should obtain product type approval, before
products are shipped out of factory or imported, file inspection
applications to the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection
(BSMI) or its subsidiary branches (hereinafter referred to as the
inspection authority), may purchase the Roman letter “C” Mark labels
printed by the BSMI . The application will be not be accepted by the
inspection authority if the preceding requirements are not followed.
2. When applicant obligators apply for type approval certificate,
applicant obligators should prepare copied documents from the
authority about company registration, business registration, factory
registration documents or other equivalent establishment registration
documents to the inspection authority.
3. Certificate of product type approval review period: fourteen working
days (excluding the time waiting for supporting document; an
additional 7 working days after receipt of the samples in case sampling
tests is required) since the inspection authority has accepted the
4. Same batch inspection application of children’s bedguards
commodities should be the same applicant obligator in same type.
5. The inspection authority shall confirm that children’s bedguards
commodities have been registered in type approval, one inspection
application for children’s bedguards commodities, they are entitled to
the procedure of random-selected batch inspection at a sampling rate of
20%., those not sampled will be in paper reviewed. For each
application, 1 item will be randomly sampled out of every 3 items, with
a minimum of 1 item and maximum of 5 items to be sampled. For each
sampled item, 1 product will be randomly selected for inspection
against the requirements mentioned in Clause 5 and examined for their
Chinese labeling as well as the Commodity Inspection Mark. The total
number of items and samples selected for inspection may be increased,
6. Sampled children’s bedguards commodities will be inspected by CNS
15911 Section 5.5, "Safety of children’s bedguards ", if necessary,
additional testing (such as folding mechanism, plasticizer and heavy
7. Inspection period: seven working days after sampling.
8. Commodities that have been approved for prior released by the
inspection authority, the obligatory inspection applicant, after having
transported the commodities to the storage place, shall inform the
inspection authority to take samples and seal products, check the
Commodity Inspection Mark and Chinese labeling at the place of
storage. The inspection authority shall perform sampling in accordance
with Article 12 of the Enforcement Rules of the Commodity
9. The inspection authority shall issue a notice of unsatisfactory
inspection results for commodities that do not comply with
requirements. The obligatory inspection applicant may apply for re-
inspection without any charge for one time within 15 days after
receiving such notice. For items that comply with the requirements
may be released separately. Products that do not comply with the
requirements shall be processed in accordance with Regulations
Governing Disposition of Commodities
Failing Inspection and Operation Procedures for Returning and
Destroying Commodity, to be specified as followings:
(1) Items of products that do not comply with the requirements may be
returned, destroyed, rectified under surveillance or processed as
required. Re-inspection is only limited to one time only.
(2) For commodities that do not comply with inspection requirements
and are to be returned, the obligatory inspection applicant shall
report to the inspection authority and provide export-related
documents issued by the Customs, within three months after the
commodities are returned in order to close the case. The inspection
authority will close the case after crosschecking the on-line export
information in the customs database.
(3) For commodities that do not comply with inspection requirements
and are to be destroyed, the obligatory inspection applicant shall
make application to the inspection authority by presenting the
notice of unsatisfactory inspection results, import declaration (not
applicable for domestically-manufactured products) and the
The inspection authority shall dispatch officers to monitor the
execution of destruction plan.
(4) For commodities that do not comply with inspection requirements
and application for re-inspection is to be made after taking
rectification measures, the obligatory inspection applicant shall
apply to the BSMI by filling out the application form and
presenting the notice of unsatisfactory inspection results, import
declaration (not applicable for domestically- manufactured
products), and verified improvement plan, together with products
of items not sampled.
(5) For products of non-complying items to be destroyed or returned, if
application for re-inspection is to be made for items not sampled,
the obligatory inspection applicant shall apply to the BSMI by
filling out the application form and presenting the notice of
unsatisfactory inspection results as well as the import declaration
(not applicable for domestically-manufactured products). Upon
approval by the BSMI, the obligatory inspection applicant shall
apply to the inspection authority for re-inspection by presenting the
approval letter, the notice of unsatisfactory inspection results and
record of rectification/destruction under surveillance.
(6) For re-inspection cases mentioned in the preceding paragraphs, the
items will be sampled at a rate double of that specified in Clause 5.
Products of items that are rectified under surveillance shall be
sampled and those complying with the requirements as a result of
re-inspection can be released separately. Products of items that still
do not comply with the requirements shall be returned or destroyed
together with those not sampled.
10. Where the products sampled are found not in compliance with the
inspection requirements, subsequent products with the same the
obligatory inspection applicant shall inspected batch by batch. The
simplified sampling procedures mentioned in Clause 5.3 shall be
applicable after 3 consecutive batches and over triple amount of
products in non-complying batch are inspected to be in compliance
with the requirements.
Article 8 Registration of Product Certification (RPC):
1. Commodities that have been granted registration may be shipped out
of the production premise, or be exported or imported.
2. Application for registration of product certification: After applicant
has applied for type test in Clause 6, applicant submits hisa copy of
the registration document of the company, business, factory or other equivalent establishment registration documents of the applicant , the declaration of conformity-to-type, the type-test report, relevant technical documents, a copy of quality management system registration certificate and/or a copy of factory inspection report as required by the appropriate modules and other information or technical
documents required by the BSMI in Clause 6.4.
3. Registration of product certification review period: fourteen working days from application to inspection authorities(excluding the time waiting for supporting document); an additional 14 working days after receipt of the samples in case sampling tests is required .
4. Once obtained the RPC certificate, the applicant must print the Commodity Inspection Mark, the Roman letter "R" and the designated code, which is the identification number of the RPC certificate.
Example:(Please refer the file attached )
5.Any amendment for the scope of product certification shall be reported to the inspection authority for an amendment and for a certification replacement, applicant shall apply to original type test place of inspection to change the type test report.
Article 9 Upon receiving the report, if there is any suspicion of conformity of the
inspection commodity to the inspection standard through the market
supervision or the relevant channel, the inspection authority may check
or sample by inspection. Where the market sample inspection found that
the commodity does not confirm the testing standards, according to the
related directions to registration of product certification be revoked or